Dream?
I was dreaming...
I saw a little kid, standing in the midst of a crowd. A small crowd. They were whispering.
The little kid was silent. I drew nearer. Near enough to hear what was whispered. They were bad things. Spiteful things. Things that could hurt feelings.
The people were talking about him. The little kid saw me, and looked at me. I saw his eyes.
They were deep. A rich brown. The eyes were alive. It spoke to me.
"What they say, it's not true."
I nodded. Something within me told me that too. The eyes spoke again. Softly.
"They don't understand."
I nodded.
"They do not see the sacrifice."
I was puzzled. I looked into the eyes again. And they told me everything. Then I nodded.
"I am silent. But only you can hear my screams. You and Him."
At this point, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Somehow, my eyes spoke to him, the same way his did to me.
"Him?" I asked.
Suddenly, as though as He just appeared, a man very familiar to me was standing beside the little kid, holding the kid's hand. The kid's eyes, wet and mysterious, spoke again.
"Because He's here, it's okay. What pain I have, He will heal."
Tears began to fall from the kid's face, but the man standing there was comforting. I had some tissue in my pocket, so I went forward to give the kid the tissue to dry the tears.
But something unexpected happened. As I stepped forward, I collided into something cold, hard, and shiny.
I had been looking into a mirror the whole time.
At this point, I wish I could say that I woke up.
But the nightmare is real. It's happening. Now.
I saw a little kid, standing in the midst of a crowd. A small crowd. They were whispering.
The little kid was silent. I drew nearer. Near enough to hear what was whispered. They were bad things. Spiteful things. Things that could hurt feelings.
The people were talking about him. The little kid saw me, and looked at me. I saw his eyes.
They were deep. A rich brown. The eyes were alive. It spoke to me.
"What they say, it's not true."
I nodded. Something within me told me that too. The eyes spoke again. Softly.
"They don't understand."
I nodded.
"They do not see the sacrifice."
I was puzzled. I looked into the eyes again. And they told me everything. Then I nodded.
"I am silent. But only you can hear my screams. You and Him."
At this point, I wanted to say something, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Somehow, my eyes spoke to him, the same way his did to me.
"Him?" I asked.
Suddenly, as though as He just appeared, a man very familiar to me was standing beside the little kid, holding the kid's hand. The kid's eyes, wet and mysterious, spoke again.
"Because He's here, it's okay. What pain I have, He will heal."
Tears began to fall from the kid's face, but the man standing there was comforting. I had some tissue in my pocket, so I went forward to give the kid the tissue to dry the tears.
But something unexpected happened. As I stepped forward, I collided into something cold, hard, and shiny.
I had been looking into a mirror the whole time.
At this point, I wish I could say that I woke up.
But the nightmare is real. It's happening. Now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home