Sunday, February 12, 2006

Iraq?

A chilling story from Kile Lewis, aka TCA MegsX aka dA Dataguy, an American soldier serving in Iraq right now (he was part of the relief efforts in the Sri Lankan tsunami crisis too). One of the dudes which I knew through the Transformers forum I frequent, www.tfarchive.org

Original post here: http://www.tfarchive.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1811
Here it goes:
Ok I know that I said that I wouldn't make a thread on this but after today's events I changed my mind. I was sent out to another base camp today to help their computer techs build their network and server. We had to convoy there in humvees and there were only four. I got picked to sit in the turrent since I know how to use the M240 heavy machinegun. I was in the last humvee when we were ambushed. We started taking fire and as I turned the turrent towards the incoming fire I took a bullet to the kevlar helmet that bounced off and then one to the chest that my body armor stopped. Luckily I was issued the new sappie plates because the older ones wouldn't have stopped the 7.62mm AK-47 round.

I opened fire and took out the guy on the balcony that was shooting at us fom above and then the ones that rushed out on the street afterwards. Once we were through the city we weren't attacked again on the rest of the trip nor on the way back.

I have some good bruises on my chest and on my head but I am alive and well. This is were I will keep you all updated from time to time from now on till I get back home



Makes me wonder again why American soldiers are still in Iraq. It never really sinks in, y'know, until A FRIEND ALMOST GETS KILLED. I really do hope the Middle-East crisis (or crises) resolves quickly, or at least for the American campaigns.

MegsX, as we all know him best, does some impressive artwork (If I'm not mistaken, he worked for Pixar...but since my memory fuzzes with time, I'm not sure if he was the one who worked with Pixar). His deviantArt account is http://dataguy.deviantart.com

Here's to you, Megsy :D


p.s. there's a new debate forum now at the TCA, and we're talking about all sorts of debatable things, like abortion, capital punishment & etc. you smart people who visit my blog, you might wanna take a look at how Transformer fans debate :P

linky is: http://www.tfarchive.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home