Flyght
When I was a kid, I wanted to fly.
No, I didn't want to be a pilot, I just wanted to fly. Well, primarily because I read too much Enid Blyton stories about kids sprouting wings and soaring off. And also due to the scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, where the Oompa Loompas floated up in the air from too much fizzy drinks.
It was only later when I knew more and more about jet planes and the technology that I wished I was a pilot. For my friends who knew me since secondary school, they'd recognize me as a military hardware buff. Ask me the caliber of the co-axial machine gun on the M1A2 Abrams main battle tank of the USA and I can tell you it's 7.62mm NATO full metal jacket.
Anyways, fighter jets was the cool for me at that time.
Came college days, and the renewal of the intrigue of Transformers, and I made an alter ego for the Transformer forums I frequented. No doubt of course, my fan character was one that transformed into a jet.
Not only that, but the whole Echo One fiasco as well. Lol! Also including my ongoing fascination with paper planes (hey, I fold some awesome planes that fly awesome, okay?)
Well, I really wanted to fly that bad. And perhaps I did mention that I did 'fly' in my secondary school days. Bad Jon, bad.
But yes, I still wish to fly. In most of the sense of the word. Fly, as in taking flight. Fly, as in spreading my wings. Fly, as in to be free.
It'll never happen. Firstly, it'd be impossible for me to sprout wings. Secondly, as my eye-sight is flawed, I'll never qualify as a pilot. Thirdly...I'm acrophobic :P
So it's just the awkward flying dreams for now...
"FOX ONE!"
No, I didn't want to be a pilot, I just wanted to fly. Well, primarily because I read too much Enid Blyton stories about kids sprouting wings and soaring off. And also due to the scene in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, where the Oompa Loompas floated up in the air from too much fizzy drinks.
It was only later when I knew more and more about jet planes and the technology that I wished I was a pilot. For my friends who knew me since secondary school, they'd recognize me as a military hardware buff. Ask me the caliber of the co-axial machine gun on the M1A2 Abrams main battle tank of the USA and I can tell you it's 7.62mm NATO full metal jacket.
Anyways, fighter jets was the cool for me at that time.
Came college days, and the renewal of the intrigue of Transformers, and I made an alter ego for the Transformer forums I frequented. No doubt of course, my fan character was one that transformed into a jet.
Not only that, but the whole Echo One fiasco as well. Lol! Also including my ongoing fascination with paper planes (hey, I fold some awesome planes that fly awesome, okay?)
Well, I really wanted to fly that bad. And perhaps I did mention that I did 'fly' in my secondary school days. Bad Jon, bad.
But yes, I still wish to fly. In most of the sense of the word. Fly, as in taking flight. Fly, as in spreading my wings. Fly, as in to be free.
It'll never happen. Firstly, it'd be impossible for me to sprout wings. Secondly, as my eye-sight is flawed, I'll never qualify as a pilot. Thirdly...I'm acrophobic :P
So it's just the awkward flying dreams for now...
"FOX ONE!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home