Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ham Bao

Ham bao... romanized cantonese for crying. That was what my little bro used to call Ang Paus, the red packets filled with money that people give during Chinese New Year. Well, technically, people in the olden days used to give a small value coin away, as opposed to big wads of cash today (yeah, I wish there were big wads of cash). Because they were meant for good luck and fortune, not meant to be used or whatever.

Anyways, those who give Ang Paus usually ham bao, if you get what I mean. What with the inflation and all... geez, even the reason of Ang Pau alone is enough to make me rethink marriage. Well, coz only married couples are eligible to give... unmarried singularities like me get to receive.

So, yeah, thus begins CNY, a very weird CNY, because I seriously think I'm getting too old for this. I'm an introvert, so I don't really like it when relatives whom I didn't even know they were relatives drop by and intrude my privacy. Well, I was told to bear it because people who visit do give out Ang Paus... I think I value my privacy over money.

Besides, Rawr @ my biggy sissy won't be home for the celebration. Will be extra weird. I guess that means me aunts will want me as their mahjong kaki, since you're not here, Rawr. Onozz.

Well, I finished Blue Like Jazz, a very very awesome book by Donald Miller yesterday. Man, I whacked the book like a starving man. Finished it in two days. A must read, for everyone. No, I meant MUST, not should or may. *must*

Okay. So now, after one week of classes after 7 weeks of holidays, I have another week of holidays. ONOZZZZZ!!!

Is there more to life than typing out my thoughts in text-format medium for my friends and family to digest? Of course there is...which is why I shall leave you guys perplexed with this statement...

"How much pickled pepper would a woodchuck pick, if Peter Piper would sneeze too?"

First person to tell me the answer winds a prize. No, really...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home