Sunday, January 22, 2006

The End?

And so, my 7 week long holiday draws to a close, I shall be *finally* starting classes tomorrow. It's gonna be different, though, what with most of the days being afternoon classes (12pm to 5pm) and having 3 classes back to back on most days...

But yeah, I'm kinda excited, because we're going to have Visual Basic and Multimedia Tech this semester. But some probably boring stuff like Computerised Accounting Systems (accounting?! I suhck at accounting...). Not to mention that our intake will be combining with other intakes for this semester, since the KL campus was closed down in December. Heard we're gonna combine with, what, 7? 11? I dunno, but there sure will be a lot.

So anyways, I've not been having really good entries, if there are entries at all, these few days. Well, been pretty lazy, and I've been trying to get my body clock back to waking up early in the morning (been waking up in the afternoons, mostly due to Conversations in the 'morning').

Speaking of Conversations, well, I'm gonna miss them :') It's very rare that one gets to Converse with Friends. Sighs...yeah, I've finally figured out what to define Friends as. They're not the people who'll come to your funeral, no. Your enemies might come to your funeral too, to make sure you're truly dead, and then go off to celebrate later.

Friends, in my own personal definition, are the ones whom people will go to interview should they want to write an autobiography of you (when you're dead, of course). Because when they want to find out your entire life, who else than those who truly knew you from the inside out?

Speaking of autobiographys and knowing from the inside out, I've realised that I've actually disclosed my entire self! Yeah! But not to one single person, no. To a handful of people, I have revealed a different facet of me. To the people who holds one piece of the puzzle that is me: simply search out the other puzzle-piece holders, meet up together, and lay your pieces on the table for everyone to see, and you'll get a complete picture of me ;)

So anyways, was poking around the bargain bin for books in Carrefour Endah Parade today, and guess what I found? A Rough Guide to Berlin (which is pretty comprehensive indeed), for only RM 4.95! What a bargain! And guess what! Guess what else I found?!

I FOUND ECCE HOMO BY FRIEDICH NIETZCHE FOR ONLY RM 9.95!!!

Boo yah, so yeah, I picked it up. Saw a Tolstoy and a Pushkin among the piles of books, but they weren't really in good condition, and I couldn't find any other copies, so I left them there. Shucks. I'd really wanted to read Pushkin, ever since Dostoevsky cited his works. Oh well.

And I've been reading Wild at Heart by John Elderidge. I've not finished it yet, but it's a very very very good book! *For men only* I finally know why, WHY, I've always wanted to be a knight. Because simply, God made me that way! God gave me these desires, manly desires, so that I could become a man in His image. (oh yah, if my self-proclaimed faithful reader is still faithfully reading, Wild at Heart is the opposite of Captivating...hmm, still cannot find ar?)

So anyways (I use these two words too much for my own good), I guess I can say I've had a good holiday. Good experiences and bad experiences come together to form a delightfully bittersweet portion of my life...although there were times that the bitter was too much for me to take in, I guess the sweetness that God used to even everything out was worth the bitter.

Oh well. Tragic is what tragic does (ala Forrest Gump's stupid is what stupid does).

This is Jon Lai, SnappyCow, Uncle Null, Grandpa Sunblock, The Compu Rocket (:D), whoever I am, bidding all of my Friends and Family, adieu...

I'm gonna come Home running...Your arms are open wide...
Your name is Jesus...You understand...
You are the answer...I am looking for...
I'm gonna come home running, just as I am...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home