Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday

It's the 6th of January.

It's now been one year since I joined APIIT CF. Hmm.

It's been one year since I last felt like this.

It's been one year since my dream and hope has been denied of me.

But then again, my hope is in the wrong place.

I have always longed for home. Only today, it was made clear to me that I should turn that longingness into hope.

Now I shall always hope to go home.

Wee...found this copy of God Catchers hidden behind some encyclopedias in my house. FYI, IYDAK, The God Catchers is the sequel to The God Chasers, a must read book for any Christian. Be it true Christians who walk the narrow path of salvation, or Sunday Christians, who go with the rest of the world along the highway of doom.

How hungry are you? For God?

God's manifested presence comes when enough of His people get hungry enough. No amount of praise or worship can bring the presence of God. Only the hunger of His people. Only the yearning to see His face. The unquenchable desire to just to find Him and be with Him.

Remember last year, when God came and messed up that Sunday service in YC. When God's presence came, and Aunty Chiew Har did not give her message for that first service. Yeah? Do you?

Let me tell you this, what happened that Sunday, and what happens at camp each year, it can happen every Sunday. If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

All I want to say, all I ask of my fellow YCians this year, is to just be hungry for God, be hungry like you've never been, get hungrier each day. Whether or not you've just joined Form One from Children's Church, or about to leave Malaysia to further studies abroad, it doesn't matter, as long as you're hungry for the only one who can satisfy that hunger.

Ok, I'll stop nagging now. Don't want the title of uncle to stick forever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home